- Full Price
- 500 QR
- You Save
- 461 QR
- Valid from 19 Oct – 19 Dec. 2018
- Redemption period: 2 months from deal’s start date
- Limit 1 voucher per person
- Course content available for 12 months after purchasing
- May buy multiple vouchers as gifts
- Vouchers not redeemed by 18 Dec. 2018 will NOT be refunded
- From the moment you start your course you’ll have 60 days to complete it. You can get an extension if you need more time
- You’ll get a free PDF certificate at the end of the course issued by IOA and confirming your course completion.
- In order to be eligible for the certificate you need to successfully complete the course and pass each course module
- You can also request an internationally recognised certificate issued by independent accreditation body – International Council for Online Educational Standards. This certificate is issued in hard copy only and is posted to your address. Certificate fee applies.
- For more information visit: https://internationalopenacademy.com/autism-awareness-course or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet access and audio required
- You’ll get access to detailed video tutorials, practical examples and useful tips
- Not valid with other offers
- No cash value/No cash back/No refunds
How to Redeem:
To activate your voucher and assign your course:
- Visit: www.internationalopenacademy.com/coupon
- Register for a new account or login to your existing account
- For new registrations, sign up with your email ID, facebook account or google account
- Enter your details and a unique password for your account
- Login to your account
- Click on the Redeem a Voucher/Code tab on your profile page
- Click on the voucher code tab, enter the voucher code and click on Validate
- Your course will now appear on your profile page
- Start Course
Please see the terms for all deals here
Autism Awareness Online Course
Pay QR39 instead of QR500
- Each year, the reported number of people afflicted with autism increases, and the autism community needs more people who are understanding of the condition and trained to help.
- Whether you are looking to make a career out of helping autistic people or just want to prepare yourself better for being accommodating to people suffering from autism, our course is for you.
In the course, you will learn:
- The autism spectrum and how to identify where a person fits along it
- How autism affects a person’s social and functional interactions
- The possible causes of autism
- How to treat the different symptoms of autism
- How to create a plan for managing autistic symptoms
- What autism awareness looks like in the classroom
- The community supports that are available to autistic people and their families
- Buying the course and planning to move? No problem! You can access the course from anywhere in the world.
- You’ll be assessed as you progress throughout the course and you can easily track your progress and marks in your user area.
- You can buy the course now but start the course anytime within the one year period
- You’ll get access to detailed video tutorials, practical examples and really useful tips
With 92% off, be aware and help in the name of humanity!
Module 1: Understanding The Spectrum
- What is autism?
- Analysing the spectrum
- Learning disabilities
- Social and emotional development
Module 2: The Autistic Environment
- The new model of autism
- Autism spectrum disorders rising
- Toxic body burden
- The government’s role
Module 3: What Causes Autism?
- Is autism caused by nature or nurture?
- Identifying early signs of autism
- Identifying autism in adults
- How does autism affect genders differently?
Module 4: Autistic Behaviour
- How autistic behaviour can be challenging
- Child behaviour and how to identify autism
- Theory of Mind
- Addressing child behaviour
Module 5: Conducting A Functional Autism Assessment
- Descriptive vs. experimental
- Cautions needed before performing an FBA
- Analysing the data
Module 6: Autism In The Classroom
- Inclusion and proper placement
- Differentiated instruction
- Individualised educational plans
- Monitoring success
Module 7: Creating A Positive Support Plan
- Event strategies
- Antecedent strategies
- Behaviour teaching strategies
- Consequence strategies
- Reinforcement and punishment
Module 8: Aging And Long-term Care
- Aging out crisis
- Functioning in society as an adult
- Support systems
- Consultations and legal documents
- Housing options
- Emergency preparedness
Module 9: Medication
- Anxiety and depression
- Behavioural problems
- Inattention and hyperactivity
Module 10: Community Living And Supports
- Family support
- Physical home modifications
- Early intervention programs
- In-home and out-of-home care
- After-school programs
- Behavioural therapy
More than 400,000 students in 139 countries have trusted International Open Academy to teach them new skills, hobbies, and trades. From sign language and TESOL to auto maintenance and face painting, IOA’s courses make learning fun, accessible, and easy. Some courses can help you get ahead in your career, while others bring to life a new passion. Every course is internationally accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) and contributes to continuous professional development (CPD/CPE). Through videos, text, activities, and exams, IOA keeps subjects interesting and entertaining. Students can learn anywhere, any time, and at their own pace with courses optimized for computers, tablets, and phones.
IOA have an extensive range of courses that you can study at your own pace. Each course contains a study and exam section , presented in an easy to follow format using text, video, Flash animations, multiple-choice activities, and more.