- Full Price
- 410 QR
- You Save
- 371 QR
- Valid from 14 June – 14 August 2019
- Redemption period: 2 months from deal’s start date
- Limit 1 voucher per person
- Course voucher code to be redeemed/activated within 12 months after purchase
- May buy multiple vouchers as gifts
- Vouchers not redeemed by 13 August 2019 will NOT be refunded
- From the moment you start your course you’ll have 60 days to complete it. You can get an extension if you need more time
- You’ll get a free PDF certificate at the end of the course issued by IOA and confirming your course completion.
- In order to be eligible for the certificate, you need to successfully complete the course and pass each course module
- You can also request an internationally recognized certificate issued by an independent accreditation body – International Council for Online Educational Standards. This certificate is issued in hard copy only and is posted to your address. Certificate fee applies.
- For more information visit: https://internationalopenacademy.com/living-with-diabetes-course or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet access and audio required
- Not valid with other offers
- No cash value/No cash back/No refunds
How to Redeem:
To activate your voucher and assign your course:
- Visit: www.internationalopenacademy.com/coupon
- Enter the voucher code
- Complete registration process
- Login with the user name & password you created while registering
- Start Course
Please see the terms for all deals here
Living with Diabetes Online Course
Pay QR39 instead of QR410
- The goal of this course is to provide you with information, education, support, and empowerment, so you can take control of your diabetes and live your happiest and healthiest life.
- From those early days of your first appointment and getting tested, right through long-term management and self-care, we’ll cover all the stages of living with diabetes.
- In this course, you’ll learn tons of coping and wellness strategies related to diet, exercise, stress management, pain relief, and natural healing remedies.
- If you’re learning to live life as a diabetic, you don’t have to go it alone, and you don’t have to be in the dark! Our goal is to equip you with the tools of diabetes management so you can make smart decisions about your wellness and care.
Through this course you will learn:
- What to expect at your first doctor’s visit
- An overview of the different types of diabetes – Types 1, 2, 3, and others
- Various treatment methods and options
- All about Insulin pumps and other devices
- How to manage specific symptoms of diabetes and treat pain
- Natural and homeopathic remedies
- A comprehensive nutritional guide for diabetics
- Exercise regimes recommended for diabetics
- How to care for mental health issues, including depression and anxiety
- What it means to cope with a chronic illness
- Where to find support and resources in your community
- Buying the course and planning to move? No problem! You can access the course from anywhere in the world.
- You’ll be assessed as you progress throughout the course and you can easily track your progress and marks in your user area.
- You can buy the course now but start the course anytime within the one year period
With 90% off, Learn how to live better with diabetes!
Module 1: Introduction Understanding Diabetes
- What is Diabetes, and Who Gets It?
- Common Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 3 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- MODY, LADA, and Other Types of Diabetes
- Preparing for Your First Appointment
Module 2: Treatment And Care For All Types
- Understanding Treatment Options
- Testing Glucose and Hemoglobin
- Treating With Insulin – Injectables and Devices
- Non-Insulin Injectables
- Oral Medications
- How to Avoid Diabetes Complications
- Patient Advocacy: Know Your Rights
Module 3: Managing Your Symptoms
- Treatment for Neuropathy
- Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia
- Battling Fatigue and Low Energy
- Taking Control of Weight Fluctuation
- Itchiness, Rashes, and Other Diabetic Dermadromes
- Caring for Mental Health Issues
- Homeopathy and Natural Medicine
Module 4: Practicing Self Care Diet And Lifestyle
- Nutrition Guide for Diabetics
- How to Manage Carb and Caloric Intake
- Calculating Energy Expenditure
- Developing a Personalized Exercise Regime
- Diabetes and Sexual Health
- Coping with Stress and Frustration
Module 5: Long-term Management For A Happy, Healthy Life
- It’s Ok to Not be “Okay”!
- Developing and Sticking with a Treatment Plan
- Finding the Right Doctors, Clinics, and Practitioners
- How to Prepare for Emergencies
- Diabetes at School and in the Workplace
- Getting Support from Family and Friends
- Reach Out: Online Communities, Forums, and Groups
- Diabetes Resources in Your Area
More than 400,000 students in 139 countries have trusted International Open Academy to teach them new skills, hobbies, and trades. From sign language and TESOL to auto maintenance and face painting, IOA’s courses make learning fun, accessible, and easy. Some courses can help you get ahead in your career, while others bring to life a new passion. Every course is internationally accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) and contributes to continuous professional development (CPD/CPE). Through videos, text, activities, and exams, IOA keeps subjects interesting and entertaining. Students can learn anywhere, any time, and at their own pace with courses optimized for computers, tablets, and phones.
IOA have an extensive range of courses that you can study at your own pace. Each course contains a study and exam section , presented in an easy to follow format using text, video, Flash animations, multiple-choice activities, and more.