- Full Price
- 960 QR
- You Save
- 901 QR
- Valid from 29 June 2018 – 29 Aug. 2018
- One voucher per person per course
- May buy multiple as gifts
- Vouchers not redeemed by 27 Aug. 2018 will NOT be refunded
- No refunds/cancellations once the voucher has been redeemed
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad & Android
- Free technical support available 24/5 via email, telephone or online chat
- Browser settings need to be changed when using a Mac. Information found here: e-Careers.lifestyle FAQ
- Internet access required
- No software included
- Operating system requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8, iOS
- Training material in English only
- Course completion certificate included
- For further information or Customer Support, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.e-careers.courses/business-work/fashion-culture/dress-making-and-fashion-design-diploma or e-Careers.lifestyle FAQ
- Course includes full tutor support 24/7, by email or telephone! – change to – Free technical support available 24/5 via email, telephone or online chat
- 12 months unlimited access to course content – add
- Not valid with other offers
- No cash value/No cash back/No refunds
How to Redeem:
To activate your Grab and assign your course:
- Visit: https://www.e-careers.courses/redeem-voucher
- Enter your code
- Sign into your existing account or create a new account if you’re a new e-Careers.lifestyle user
- Course log-in details and instructions will be emailed to you within three working days of redemption
Please see the terms for all deals here
Dress Making and Fashion Design Diploma
Pay QR59 instead of QR960
- If you are inspired by fashion and clothes, would like to run your own business or simply want to be able to design and tailor clothes for yourself and your family.
- A fun-filled, self-paced programme that is organised into 11 easy-to-digest modules which will teach you to appreciate fashion items and the industry by encouraging you to observe your fashion surroundings.
- Learn through a variety of resources that you can print, repeat, fast-forward and rewind to process at your own pace.
- This course is perfectly structured to teach you how to combine fabrics and patterns using basic equipment to create your very own stylish garments.
- Access the complete course content via computer or smartphone using a web browser.
- 12 months unlimited access to everything.
- Technical support available 24/5 via email, telephone and online chat.
Two steps forward with 96% off!
Key Learning Points
- Gain fashion awareness – Discover the eight different body shapes.
- Look at all factors, which determine a foundation wardrobe.
- Learn all the articles calculated to be the main accessories in fashion.
- Understand the different aspects of clothing ranges and colours.
- Learn how different style lines influence the body shape.
- Learn the correct way to take body measurements.
- Discover the various types of commercial patterns available.
- Understand how a commercial pattern differs from a trace pattern.
- Learn how pattern markings assist in the cutting and making of clothing.
- Gain the understanding to select a suitable pattern for your requirement.
- Learn to evaluate the fibres most commonly used in dressmaking.
- Research and understand the various man-made fibres available.
- Learn of the essential tools required in dressmaking.
- Understand the term ‘haberdashery’.
- Learn the function of a ‘lay’.
- Gain an understanding of facings, collars, cuffs and pockets.
- Discover the different types of fasteners.
- Understand the advantages of stretch sewing and over locking.
- Understand the purpose of a rolled hem attachment.
- Learn the techniques of fashion drawing.
- Understand the significance of layout in dressmaking.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of working with using marker pens or ink.
- Learn what local legislation in your area is needed to comply with and the process involved with setting up a business as a limited company, sole trader or partnership.
- Research all that is necessary with regards to financial documentation for a small business.
- Gain the knowledge behind Health & Safety requirements from you in your local area.
- Equip yourself with the valuable information and guide to market your new business.
Units of Study
- Fashion awareness
- Fibres in common use
- Tools and equipment
- Lined bodices
- Closings and fastenings
- Fabric layout
- Fashion awareness
- An introduction to fashion drawing
- Working in the business